[OFB Cafe] car parts on-line?

Rick Bowers rwbowers at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 10:24:39 CDT 2008

I need to purchase several parts for my car. I've been doing some
on-line searching and it seems all the places I've found have
received very poor ratings according to: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/

Here are some places I've looked at:

http://www.thepartsbin.com/
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com
<http://www.truckperformance.com/>http://www.truckperformance.com/
http://www.carpartswholesale.com
<http://www.car-stuff.com/>http://www.car-stuff.com/

I also tried http://www.JCWhitney.Com but they don't seem to carry
stock parts as much as they do custom parts.

One of the items I need is a muffler. I've looked at Walker (for
replacement), FlowMaster and MagnaFlow. I would prefer a quieter
sound but don't mind a bit of throatiness. For the price, FlowMaster
40-series looks good as does Walker. I don't know much about the various makes.

I'm looking for recommendations for a muffler and a reputable place
to buy my parts inexpensively. Has anyone used the places listed
above? Was you experience good or bad?

For my Dodge Durango, 5.9L, at a minimum, I need:
- Rear muffler
- Tail pipe
- Fan clutch
- Left front bearing/hub assembly (too bad I can't just replace the bearings)

Thanks, all.

~Rick