[OFB Cafe] lightening

Peter Hollings PeterHollings at Comcast.net
Wed Aug 6 20:45:54 CDT 2008

Before you decide at whom to point your gun consider that there were
wealthy capitalists who decided to invest in and create productive
capacity in places like China and India . Major transnational
corporations had sold their stock in American enterprises years ago and
invested in the new economies that they were creating in countries that
had no history of employee benefits such as retirement or medical care.
It was a cheaper and more profitable way of doing business. The American
way of life is being destroyed.  I have not seen anything from either of
the "leading" presidential candidates to indicate that they would
reverse this trend. In our society public opinion is controlled by the
"facts" that are presented in the media. The leading candidates are
selected and only they receive favorable publicity in the media. We are
managed like a herd of sheep, herded towards a goal established without
our knowledge or consent.

Unless we break this cycle we will continue to function like serfs.

Peter HOLLINGS